Monday, July 20, 2015

Griffin deeds from Essex, Vermont

Because Samuel Griffin's will involved the transfer of some of his property it was also recorded in the Land Deeds Ledger. We also see deeds between the estate of Samuel Griffin and his son in law, Electa's husband, Chauncey Wollcott and on the next page is a deed to Hannah Griffin, Orlow's widow. Note the signature of "Harrison Griffin Guardian of Sylvia Griffin".The third deed is also to Orlow's widow Hannah. Click on images to enlarge.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm a preservation consultant conducting research on the Harrison Griffin property at 200 Colchester Road in Essex, VT. I'd love to talk to you! Thank you! koshea@vhb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear from you about the scope of your project. I have a large collection of material from Essex all of which i am more than willing to share with you. My e-mail is , annebradgriffin@comcast.net

      Delete