Monday, August 1, 2011

Samuel Griffin Jr. Will 1739-1808

This will is transcribed to follow original spelling and spacing below.


In the name of God Amen I Samuel Griffin Of Essex the County of Chittenden and the State Of Vermont being weak in body but of sound
and perfect mind and memory do make and publ

ish this my last will and Testament in manner
and form following That is to say I give to
my Beloved wife Mercy Griffin all my Household furniture during her life with other provisions hereaf ter mentioned
I give to my son John my
Farm on which I now live together with my Cattle Sheep and Swine also my Tyme peace and loom on the following conditions Viz he is to
support my wife during her life and provid and
furnish her with all things necessary for her Comfort and Convenance he is to pay all of my debts that i shall owe at my discease he is to pay sixty
dollars to my Three Daughters viz twenty to

Lois Kelsey twenty to Patty Doud and twenty
to Azuba Davis My son John is to pay the afore said sums to my Daughters in one year after my wifes disease and he is to have my Farming
utensils my Carpenter &Joiners are to be Equally divide between my five sons, viz Joel Asahel, Samuel John & Dan aftr my wifes discease her waring apparel is to be give to
my daughter Mercy Pelton and the remainder
of my Household furniture is to be divided as
follows Samuel and Dan are to have Each
Of them a bed and Bedding the remainder is to Equally divided between my five sons above
mentioned excepting my son John, last by as to all
the rest residue and remainder is of my Estate whether real or personal of what name or nature I give to

my beloved wife Mercy Griffin whome I do appoint sole Executrix of this my last will and testament 

No comments:

Post a Comment